Tuesday 4 October 2011

Jakarta

One of the best things about living in Singapore is how easy it is to get to someplace else from Singapore. I look at maps periodically and tick off places I'd like to go, and look at how to get there. It astounds me, even now, two months in, that I live so close to places that always sounded so foreign to me.

This past weekend, I took of for a couple of days to one of those very foreign sounding places. Saturday morning saw me at the airport at 6:30 to meet the nine other people with whom I'd be traveling to Jakarta. I had met a couple of the others before, but for the most part it was a new set of people for me. Luckily for me, it was an interesting, funny group and we had a good time.

Not a weekend for learning the city, but a good time for a bit of wandering, a lot of playing and shopping, a lovely massage, and a crazy cab driver. All in all, a lovely weekend away.

The empty lane there is a bus-only lane

Looking down from the top floor in a shopping mall. Lots of, "Hey lady! You like, you buy!" Hard to explain that, no, I really don't want to buy

This does not even begin to show the traffic

This gives a slightly more representative picture. We were walking along the roadway - two tall, western females. Lots of calls and shouts...



We took a bajaj from the shopping center to the hotel - great driver...

...cramped space!





At the nightclub

...in a different life from the one I lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment